The Thanksgiving holiday is fast approaching and that means you’ll soon be busy stuffing, basting, baking, and entertaining your holiday guests. If you’re entertaining an adult crowd, you’re going to want to find some extra special cocktail recipes to go with your appetizers. This pumpkin pie martini is a perfect fall classic and will have your guests raving.
Gather the following:
- Two ounces of vanilla flavored vodka (appx 130 calories – different brands vary in calorie count)
- Two ounces of creme de cacao (appx 200 calories)
- 1/4 c of heavy cream (appx 104 calories)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. pumpkin puree (canned pie mix works well) – (appx 15 calories)
- Graham crackers (crushed into a powder for the rim) – (1 cracker is usually 59 calories, but you’re just dusting the rim)
Grab your favorite martini shaker and fill it with ice. Add your favorite vodka along with the creme de cacao, the heavy cream, the pumpkin puree, and some ice. Shake the ingredients until they’re well mixed and chilled.
Take two martini glasses and rim them with the powdered graham crackers. Strain your drink mixture into the glasses, sprinkle a bit of nutmeg on top, and serve.
This is a special treat – one that requires you not worry about vodka calories or going over the top. Happy Thanksgiving!